In 2011 the plan for student accommodation at 134 Renfrew was granted planning approval, however development on site did not take place. However the owner has submitted another planning application in June 2014 (taken from City Council Planning website):
“Erection of mixed use development comprising student accommodation and retail (Class 1 unit), including use of existing retail unit and basement level car parking associated with Fleming House as student accommodation – (amended drawings): resubmssion of application 10/01837/DC.”
- The site was originally used as a tram depot
- Flemming House was developed on the site (~1960)
- Oct 2003 – A planning application (Ref: 03/01668) for a 5 storey development was accepted, but eventually lapsed (due to financial reasons).
- May 2010 – A planning application (Ref: 10/00840/DC) for an 8 story development of student accommodation was rejected at planning application committee stage.
- Aug 2010 – A 2nd planning application (Ref: 10/01837/DC) mostly identical to the May 2010 plan is submitted.
- Aug 2010 – The planning decision of the 1st proposal (Ref: 10/00840/DC) is appealed by the developer.
- Nov 2010 – The appeal of the 1st application (Ref: 10/00840/DC) is dismissed
- Feb 2011 – The 2nd application (Ref: 10/01837/DC) is revised (recessed top floor, design materials and layout)
- June 2011 – The 2nd planning application (Ref: 10/01837/DC) is accepted after several delayed decisions and a site visit by the planning application committee
- June 2014 – Another planning application (Ref: 14/01362/DC) is submitted for the same site
- Sept 2014 – The planning application (Ref: 14/01362/DC) was considered by the Planning Applications Committee, which then approved the application by 9 votes to 2. No SNP councillors were in attendance.
If this says ‘expired’ then go ahead and do a Simple Search for:
Captured here from the current planning application:
Judith has very helpfully compiled a list of points for objection along with details of where to email or post your own objection:
Objection letter lodged by Garnethill Community Council: